Abbott Biometrics – Illinois Live Scan Fingerprinting & Identity Services
More and more applicant groups and professionals are being carefully vetted for jobs in public safety, banking, education, childcare, healthcare, elder care, transportation and more. It is essential for federal, state, local and commercial entities to ensure individuals in trusted professions are who they claim to be and will not pose a risk or threat to the people they encounter or serve.
Applicants also requiring name based check or fingerprinting for pre-employment or volunteer screenings are welcome to utilize our services. At Abbott Biometrics, it is our goal is to provide efficient, reliable, and high-quality fingerprinting services to all of our clients. We will travel to businesses, residences, hotels, airports, universities etc.
Whether a client needs one person fingerprinted (no minimum), or a comprehensive fingerprinting program for all current and future employees at various locations (no maximum) our services are extremely beneficial and user friendly. We try to avail ourselves at all times, and can schedule an appointment almost anytime, anywhere including weekends.
We are known for the courteous, friendly and personable disposition of our staff. We are flexible and willing to go the extra mile for the best results. We realize how busy people are in the workplace and we try to be as discreet, professional and accommodating as possible. Often times we are assisting our clients with sensitive, confidential information and we do so with the utmost discretion and care.
2958 W. Belmont Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618
Monday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: By Appointment Only
Sunday: By Appointment Only
Lunch: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (CLOSED FOR LUNCH)
Hours are subject to change, please call in advance.
We fingerprint for the following licensing departments in the State of Illinois:
- Adam Walsh Act – Social Services and Educational
- DCFS – Private Adoption
- Department of Human Services – Early Intervention Services
- Department of Natural Resources – Explosive License
- IDFPR – (PERC) Permanente Employee Registration Card
- IDFPR – Bank Charter, Pawn Brokers
- IDFPR – Chiropractic
- IDFPR – Humane Euthanasia License
- IDFPR – Massage Therapists License
- IDFPR – Physician License
- IDFPR – Practical & Registered Nurse
- IDFPR – Private Detective, Security, Alarm, Locksmith & Live Scan Fingerprint Vendor Act
- IDFPR – Wholesale Drug Distributor Act
- Illinois Commerce Commission – Commercial Transportation Vehicle Relocator & Recovery Permit License
- Illinois Department of Insurance – Public Adjuster License
- Illinois Department of Labor – Carnival & Amusement Rides Safety
- Illinois Racing Board – Racing Board License
- Illinois State Police – Carry Concealed Background Check (CCW)
- Illinois State Police – Carry Concealed Firearm Instructor
- Illinois State Police – Department of Internal Investigation Health Care Nursing Home
- Local Government – Chicago Park District Employees
- Local Government Employees – Chicago Navy Pier/Expo, City & Village Employees, Fire Fighters
- National Child Protection Act – Public & Private Care of Children, Elderly & Disabled
- Office of the State Fire Marshall – Pyrotechnic Distributor Act
- SOS – Drivers Training Instructors
- SOS – Secretary of State Employees
- SOS – Vehicle Dealer License
- U.S. Military/Illinois National Guard – Military & National Guard Background Checks
- Medical Cannabis (Marijuana) License
- Illinois Department of Public Health – Identification Card Holder
- Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation – Medical Cannabis Dispensing Organization
- Illinois Department of Agriculture – Cultivation Center or Agent Identification Card
Fees are based on the services requested by the agency requiring you to be fingerprinted.
$50.00 – State of Illinois Background Check
$60.00 – Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Background Check
UCIA and FBI Fee:
$60.00 – State of Illinois Background Check and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Background Check
Name Based Check Fee:
$30.00 – State of Illinois criminal background name based search
Mobile Travel Fees:
$35.00 per 15 minutes of travel from our office. (Round Trip)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Electronic “Live Scan” Fingerprinting Technology?
Live Scan is an inkless, electronic means of capturing fingerprints in a digitized format and then transmitting them to the Illinois State Police and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). By processing fingerprints electronically, criminal history responses can be provided within a matter of hours if received electronically or 3 -5 days if received by mail.
What is the difference between Live Scan fingerprints and print cards?
Live Scan fingerprints are captured electronically by a digital fingerprint scanner and a trained technician; fingerprints captured via live scan allow for a much faster and more accurate fingerprint collection process. Prints can be transmitted electronically to drastically reduce processing time, as well as provide a much higher quality of print collection to significantly reduce rejections, or fingerprints that cannot be “read” by the FBI’s automated fingerprint information system (AFIS).
Live Scan “Fingerprint Based” Background Check vs. Name Based Check:
Fingerprinting is the process of obtaining images of your fingerprints, so that agencies can compare them against other fingerprints gathered by the government. A criminal background name based check is a search of database records of criminal arrests and convictions.
Although a criminal background check may include a request for fingerprinting, it’s not a requirement for all criminal records checks. A federal criminal records check requires fingerprinting, but local criminal background records checks often don’t.
If you’re asked to submit to a criminal background check, you’ll need to know whether or not you’re also required to submit your fingerprints.
The benefit of taking live scan fingerprints during a criminal background check is that you can better ensure accuracy. Although confusion can happen when two people have the same name and/or date of birth when performing a criminal background name based check, no two sets of fingerprints are alike.
What to Bring:
A Picture I.D. – Other forms of identification may be accepted in accordance with Department of Justice regulations. Identification must be valid and current. If you are under the age of 18, you must also have a parent or guardian with you to sign a statement giving us permission to fingerprint you.
Payment Method Accepted: Cash, Credit Card or Money Order accepted.
(All credit card/debit card transactions will be accessed a 4% fee for processing.)
Your fingerprints are transmitted by our Live Scan department to the Illinois State Police and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for the purpose of checking your background. The results are then sent from the Illinois State Police and FBI directly to your agency requesting the criminal background check.